Friday, June 21, 2013

Week 27

This week passed pretty quickly for us, mainly because we had a very special guest for the week. Andy's Mom, Denise, came down from Minnesota to spend some quality time with the two of us and boy did we enjoy it! It was, of course, the first time that Denise had seen our new home, as well as the first time that she had visited our new town. This made it extra fun to show her the local restaurants, stores, and beautiful parks.



While Denise was visiting she surprised us with a very, very generous baby gift--a brand new dresser for Grayson! One evening, the three of us journeyed back to our old stomping grounds in the "big city" (Lexington, haha!), where we shopped for just the right piece. Since we already had a beautiful crib from my sister, we were desperately trying to find a coordinating, if not matching, dresser. Well, for those of you who are also trying to save money by mixing and matching furniture, just know that there are about 1 million different shades of cherry furniture and your odds of piecing together a perfectly matching set are, well, slim to none. We ended up with a gorgeous, dark cherry double dresser which is the perfect height for a changing station but I must be honest...it doesn't match the crib, like, at all! Ah well. They're both lovely and thankfully they're on opposite walls so they don't seem to clash too terribly at this time. And truly, all that really matters is that we have plenty of storage, a cozy crib, a comfortable changing station, and most importantly, a healthy baby boy :-)



After our time with Denise, Andy & I finished up taxes (woo-hoo, right?!) and prepared for our 28 week appointment! It truly seems that time is flying ever so quickly! I've noticed that with each passing day I feel more and more attached to my sweet baby. Every time I look down and see my growing bump I feel extra warm and fuzzy, like God has reached down and placed him there--a warm, cozy ray of sunshine in my belly--just for Andy & I. I praise him every day for our baby and for the joy that he is already bringing into our lives!



Our update:



How Far Along: 27 weeks 

Total Weight Gain: 15 lbs 

Stretchmarks: None 

Sleep: Great, as long as I use a pillow under my belly--otherwise my muscles feel stretched and achy!

Best Moment this Week: Spending time with Denise and shopping for our boy's room!

Movement: Definitely!

Gender: Baby boy 

Labor Signs: None 

Belly Button: In :-)

What I Miss: Nothing

What I am Looking Forward to: Our 28 week appointment and entering the third trimester!

Milestones:  My uterus has swollen to the size of a basketball and baby Grayson is filling it up quite nicely now, at the size of about 14.5" and 2 pounds! He's doubled in weight from four weeks ago! His favorite activities now seem to include doing somersaults and hiccuping--lots :-) I can't wait to kiss those adorable little legs and cheeks in a few short months!



27 Weeks




Til Next Time, 
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart








No comments:

Post a Comment