Tuesday, June 25, 2013

5 Days

Here's my "5 Days" letter to Grayson. Enjoy!




Friday, June 21, 2013

My Sweet Baby,

Today marks 5 days until you make your grand entrance! Daddy & I are growing more and more excited each day!

I must tell you about our night last night, though! Daddy & I played board games and laughed so, so hard together! “Battleship” was our favorite, and of course Daddy won (he’s so good at board games ;-)).  We talked a lot about you and even imagined what it will be like to have family game nights once you get bigger! We’ll have such fun together, I just know!

While last night was so pleasant, today has been very, very hot and humid! The high temperature was 90°F and boy, did we feel it! Lily & I spent part of the morning on the porch, enjoying the cloudless day before it became too muggy to endure. Then Mommy cleaned the house and even managed to sneak in a little nap! I’m trying to soak up all the rest that I can now because I’m sure that once you make your debut, sleep will be a bit harder to achieve :-) Then, I prepared yummy sausages, hash browns & green beans for Daddy & I to enjoy before he left for the DCI Competition (Drum Corps International).

He had such a great time at the event! There were several groups from all across the nation who competed in a marching band competition extraordinaire! Mommy would have loved to attend the event, but it was held outside and it was just too hot for you & I! But thankfully, Daddy took many photos and videos, which you loved! (You kicked and squirmed the entire time you heard music!) I think you may be drummer just like Daddy ;-)

Tomorrow we’ll be attending our friend, Michael Scott’s, wedding, so let’s hope that the heat disappears by then! Otherwise, we may be coming home much earlier in the evening!

What I want you to know today is that I love you more than I thought was possible! You bring such joy to your Mommy’s heart! Every time I feel you squirm around I smile a great, big smile! You are the light of our lives! We love you dearly!

Love Always,
Mommy




Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment