Tuesday, June 25, 2013

2 Days

My "2 Days" letter to Grayson.


Monday, June 24, 2013
10:35 a.m.

Our Sweet Son,

Grayson!!! I cannot believe that in exactly 48 hours we’ll be preparing for your arrival! Mommy & Daddy will be prepping for our C-section at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 26, 2013! Is this really happening?! After all this time in Mommy’s belly you’ll soon be making your grand entrance! Oh, my son, I can only wait & pray now.

Today Mommy plans to write and do laundry in preparation for your arrival. And I’ll of course spend time feeling my belly! I want to remember exactly how you laid, where your little head rested, and where those precious little feet kicked! Otherwise, our home is ready, our bags are packed, and we’re anxiously counting down the hours to the big day! It’s amazing to think that in just a short, short period of time you’ll be here! We cannot wait!

Today I’ve been wondering what your little cry will sound like. Will it be loud and strong or a bit quieter, like Papa? Will you be long-legged and broad-shouldered or round and chubby? Will you have blonde hair, brown hair, red hair, or no hair? As long as you are safe Mommy & Daddy will be over-the-moon with joy! We cannot wait to meet you our precious son! You are such an amazing gift!

We still haven’t decided on your middle name. Daddy & I easily agreed upon your first name many, many months ago, but have struggled to find the perfect middle name. Our favorites are Thomas, Andrew, Robert, and Matthew. Thomas is the name of your Bapsie. Andrew is, of course, your Daddy’s name. Robert was Mommy’s Papdad (my maternal Grandfather), who passed just the month before we learned we were expecting you. You’ll hear all about him—boy do we have stories to tell! And Matthew is one of our favorite Biblical characters. Daddy & I aren’t sure if we’ll pick your middle name before your birth or after, but we know it just has to fit you perfectly! Stay tuned, my son, stay tuned!

Until Wednesday morning, please continue to enjoy your little home. Mommy has tried her best to make it comfortable for you :-) We’ve done many things together since you’ve been there—made a trip to Indianapolis, moved into a new home, taken plenty of medical school tests, sang plenty of songs, and played plenty of games! And guess what? The fun will only continue once you’re here!

I love you more than you may ever know!
Mommy

Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment