Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6 Days

I've decided to share with you the daily notes that I'm writing to our son. Why would I share such personal notes with you? Firstly, this is a second medium through which I can store & record a journal for Grayson. Secondly, you've been on this journey with us for many months now, so to desert you in our final days would seem a bit unfair. And finally, I think my notes to Grayson best capture how I'm feeling in these final days, which may help other Mommy's who are in a similar situation in the future. Enjoy my loves!


Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Wonderful Grayson,

Another day has come and gone already! The anticipation seems to build with each passing moment :-)

Last night Daddy & I cooked a delicious stir-fry meal together and by the time we had cleaned up, I was exhausted! It seems that in the past several days I’ve started to slow down just a bit. We’ve had such a smooth pregnancy, though, that a bit of fatigue in the last week is hardly anything worth mentioning! Actually, I am amazed at how great I have felt these last 38 weeks! The first 12 were probably the toughest—I was just so sleepy, all the time! But after those passed I have felt unbelievably well! Sometimes I almost seemed to have more energy than before pregnancy! But now that we’re nearing the end, I’m moving at a much slower pace, which is not really a problem at all. My back only seems to ache after a long day on my feet and my hips aren’t too uncomfortable either. I’m so very, very blessed and thankful!

You are getting so long, though, that Mommy sometimes feels a bit sorry that you’re cramped up inside. Occasionally you stretch and kick so strongly that I think you’re trying to break out! I truly hope, though, that you stay in your safe little pouch 6 more days (I’d selfishly love for it to be more like 14, but we’ll take what we can get, right?!).

Mommy & Daddy have only told our immediate families & closest friends that we’ll be meeting you next Wednesday, but those we have told are SO excited! Granny, Bapsie, Aunt T-T, Cousins Eli & Owen, & Grandma Denise plan to be in the hospital to anxiously await your delivery. Others, like Grandma & Papaw Buchanan, Aunt Katie, Uncle Gary, the Rose Cousins, and Mommy & Daddy’s friends, plan to visit later. You are already surrounded by such great love! You are one very blessed little boy! In fact, we are ALL so blessed! God has been so good to us!

Tonight, Mommy plans to surprise Daddy with a yummy soup-bean dinner and then maybe we’ll play a hand of cards or a board game. We love taking walks, but with a high of 88°F, that likely won’t be possible tonight! In the meantime, I want you to know how very loved you are! As I fold laundry and do dishes, just know that I’m constantly thinking of you—what you’ll look like, what you’ll sound like, what your interests will be, what your personality will be, etc. etc. And please, please know that you’ll always be my sweet baby. I love you so dearly!

Love,
Mommy

Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment