Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 25

This week was moving week for the Parr household! Together with our great friend, Tyler, Andy & I loaded all of our belongings into one huge rental truck and made the exciting journey to our new home! Along the way, though, the most hilarious thing happened (well, at least it seems hilarious now)--I accidentally took the keys to our old residence with me to our new home...while Andy & Tyler were still there AND our old house was still half-full of valuables! Unfortunately this meant that Andy & Tyler couldn't leave because our old home would be left unlocked for rummaging pillagers to explore! So, of course, I immediately turned around and made the 45 minute drive back to our old home, all the while feeling like a big ditz...haha! To this day I'll blame that lapse in judgement on "pregnancy brain," but my sweet husband loves to call me a "closet blonde" (no offense to all of my beautiful blonde friends!), so I'm sure I'll never live that mistake down! Anyhow, our lock restored (and my pride trashed!), we all headed toward the new house where family was eagerly waiting to help us unload the moving truck. Many hours, countless boxes, and more than a few sore backs later, the truck was empty! A big, big thanks to our helpers--we REALLY couldn't have done it without you! Now on to the next task...unpacking it all! Let the fun begin ;-)

Our old town house, finally empty!

 Our new home, full of furniture & boxes! Boy, oh, boy, I'll be one busy lady!


Here's our weekly update:

How Far Along: 25 weeks 
Total Weight Gain: 11 lbs 
Stretchmarks: None 
Sleep: Solid 
Best Moment this Week: Spending our first night in the new house
Movement: Yep, lots!
Gender: Baby boy 
Labor Signs: None 
Belly Button: In :-)
What I Miss: Being able to lift heavy boxes and move furniture...I don't like asking for help!
What I am Looking Forward to: Decorating our baby boy's room and just nesting!
Milestones:  Grayson is now about as big as a rutabaga (about 13.5" long and 1.5 lbs heavy) and is finally starting to accumulate some fat. His skin is looking more plump and less translucent with each passing day! Finally, he's growing hair--but we'll have to wait til his birthday to discover it's color!


25 Weeks



Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment