Tuesday, June 25, 2013

4 Days

"4 Days" letter to Grayson!



Saturday, June 22, 2013


Our Baby Grayson,

Four days my sweet boy, four days! Honestly, I’m beginning to realize that before long you’ll be in our arms, not in my belly, and I have mixed feelings about it! First and foremost, I’m beyond ecstatic that we’ll get to cuddle, kiss, and play with you. But another part of me feels perhaps a bit sad that from the moment of your birth onward, we’ll be separated physically :-( It has been so precious to feel your hiccups and your kicks, your jabs and squirms! It’s a feeling that only Mommy’s can understand and I will cherish it my entire life! But of course it is inevitable. At least I can take comfort in the fact that for a few months you’ll be immobile—you won’t be able to run away from my kisses or dodge my hugs! And when you can, I’ll just have to catch you and force them on you anyhow! ;-)

Just know that no matter what, you’ll always be a part of me! You & I will share a very special bond—I’ll make sure of it!

On another note, I think that I’m beginning to get a bit emotional about this whole process. My heart feels as though it could almost burst with my love for you and Daddy! Sometimes it’s hard to believe that you will be a perfect mixture of the two of us…half Daddy, half Mommy, all Grayson! My thoughts are still constantly occupied with what you’ll look like, what personality you’ll have, what your hobbies will be, and what our life will be like once you enter the world! I can only hope that we’re ready for you; that we’ll raise you up to be a strong man of God; that you’ll pursue your dreams in life and accomplish more than you ever thought possible. These are my hopes for you my son, and I’ll do everything in my power to help you along the way!

Until we meet, please stay safe in your little home! I know things are getting cramped in there, but soon you’ll have a whole world to enjoy! And such great, great love will (and already does!) surround you!


You are ever in my thoughts!
I love you!
Your Mommy



Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment