Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ah...the creative juices are rejuvenated!



Have you ever felt creatively stifled? You know, that trapped-down, hemmed-in feeling that usually comes after you've been much too busy with, say, paperwork or studying or financial matters? That old black-and-white, square-box, 9-5 kind of stuff? Well this old gal definitely has...this week especially.

In more ways than one, the past several days have been somewhat challenging. I've been juggling being sick, studying for my last medical school class of the year, and cooking & cleaning, all the while trying to sneak in a few moments of anticipation & excitement about the lovely events that await me this weekend! (Can you say Engagement Shoot, Part II & Personal Shower?!) To be honest, this week hasn't exactly been filled with wedding plans galore! But hark! Lo and behold, last night, my right brain finally found it's moment in the spotlight! My make-up artist for Friday's Sunset Engagement Session called to chat about colors, inspiration, and all the pretty details for our photo shoot. While I HAD thought of a few themes and ideas, I had not settled on even my wardrobe for the shoot. All I knew was that I wanted dramatic eye makeup (when else will I have the chance to go for an editorial-style look, here?!), a long dress, and a gorgeous sunset. After hearing Nicole (from Artistry HD) mention that she knew a hair stylist that may be available on Friday afternoon, my creative wheels spun out & began burning rubber!

I envisioned my soft blush-colored, long dress, bohemian sandals, dramatic eye makeup and...big hair. Yes, you heard me right...big hair! I found these gorgeous photos courtesy of nicoledeanne.net and fell in love!

http://www.nicoledeanne.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/big-hair-3.png




I mean, absolutely gorgeous, right?! I think that my soft, simple blush dress would look fantastic with dramatic eyes and big hair, perhaps similar to the image at the top left, above.

Alas, my creative steam engine was powering forward, full steam-ahead. I hurried to raid Darling Fiance's closet. What, oh what, should he wear? And then I found it, a richly-hued cranberry-colored button-up. This more intense color would certainly complement, but not overpower the soft tones in my dress. It was decided. We would be wearing blush & cranberry for our shoot!

As far as props were concerned, I thought a wooden stool with woven bottom, some vintage glasses for lemonade, and a gorgeous tan leather sitting chair would be perfect! I rushed to email our photographers and then realized that we needed to shoot in the perfect locale....a vineyard! Now if any of you know Darling Fiance' & I, then you'll know that we are not drinkers! But we both love the lush, rich tones of an active vineyard in the summer! I knew this would complement our theme & outfits even better than the orchard in which we had originally planned to shoot. Thankfully, we literally have the world's best photographers, and they agreed to change locations last minute! So, come tomorrow, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll get to see my vineyard shoot come to life!

A dazzlingly beautiful engagement session is not the only wonderful event that this weekend holds! Saturday will be my personal shower! My Sweet Sister & closest friends have worked to plan a fun and relaxing girls-only afternoon! We'll have hors d'oeuvres, lemonade, my family's famous bridal punch, and of course, a special cake from Carolyn! I can hardly wait to open my special gifts, play hilarious games, and most importantly, spend time with my dearest friends & family! Sweet Sister mentioned that we may have fresh peonies (my favorite!) for the shower decor, but aside from that, I have no idea what to expect! I'm sure we'll make so many fun memories--I can't wait to fill you in on those a.s.a.p!

Til next time...remember to set your creative side free!

Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment