Monday, May 21, 2012

Quality Time with Los Padres & A Massive Invitation Undertaking!

After last weekend's wedding-event blitz, I had a definite case of the drop-sies. Now, for those of you who aren't familiar with this terrifying medical phenomenon, I'll elaborate. The drop-sies is a serious, but never fatal condition that can leave the victim feeling lethargic, tired, or just down-right lazy! Many patients experience couch-potato syndrome or extreme sleepiness when suffering from the drop-sies. I can personally attest to the body-numbing, make-you-want-to-stay-in-your-PJ's-all-day side effects of this awful syndrome! Fortunately for me, though, my to-do list forced me into a quick recovery and by Sunday morning I was ready to head home to celebrate Mother's Day with my special Momma! I hadn't mentioned that Darling Fiance' & I would be coming in to visit, so after filling Daddy in on our plans, we headed home & surprised the woman of the day! She was beyond thrilled! It was so special to see that smile on her little face! We spent the whole day playing with Pretty Puppy, catching up, and cooking together--so relaxing! Momma spent a good part of the day bragging about her Mother's Day gift from her future son-in-law (a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries from Shari's Berries!), which made Darling Fiance' feel very much a part of the family ;-) All in all, we had a blast spending time with my parents, but most importantly, I think we brought a little sunshine into Momma's heart! After all, she certainly deserved it!

Then, it was back to Lex where I caught up on some studying and prepared for the next school week. A couple days later, though, I was able to spend a bit more time with my parents when they came to town for some Doctor's appointments and meetings. We finally had enough time to run over to Jos A. Bank to get my Daddy fitted for his wedding day attire. He'll be wearing tan pants that match the boys' suits, along with a navy sport coat and blush tie. I think this will perfectly coordinate with the wedding party without looking matchy-matchy. Let's just say it was a relief to get his outfit decided! Despite being a very manly man, my Dad's unusually concerned with his attire for special events, and our wedding was no exception! We looked at probably 20 combinations of suits, sport coats, and pants before finally selecting his outfit for the big day! But who can blame him? We all want to look our best on that day!

Later in the week Darling Fiance' & I finally picked up the last part of our wedding invitation suite! Now the fun begins--addressing all those invites! For some crazy reason, I've decided to hand calligraph all the invitations! Why you ask? Well, to be honest, I've always been fascinated with gorgeous hand-writing, and calligraphy is, quite simply, my guilty pleasure. The only problem--I'm no professional calligrapher! I remember learning calligraphy my freshman year in high school, but since then, I haven't exactly been honing my writing skills! So completing about 180 invitations by hand will most assuredly prove to be the most interesting, and perhaps daunting, DIY that I take on for our big day! I'll keep you posted on how those are coming along, and maybe even post a few pictures! Stay tuned!

Til Next Time...

Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

P.S. Here's a sneak peek at our wedding invitations, custom designed by the fantastic Donia at The Blu Sash! Thanks special lady for all your help! I just love you!


n
r
M


No comments:

Post a Comment