Monday, May 21, 2012

Quality Time with My Darling Fiance'!

The past several weeks have been particularly busy--between school, spending time with our families, and wedding planning, not to mention some unfortunate health concerns, Darling Fiance' and I have been running in all directions. We've had to more carefully plan our quality time, but somehow it seems that we enjoy our special moments even more than before! 

Especially since beginning our premarital counseling, Darling Fiance' & I are cherishing our love for one another so much more! Our minister here in Lexington, Pastor Zietlow, has been guiding us through a Bible Study about marriage and God's gift to us--love for one another. As part of our sessions we were required to complete a "Life Ranking," in which we ranked about 20 major life variables including having children, spending time together, our personal relationships with God, social time with our friends, and financial stability. Pastor Zietlow asked us to individually rank these variables and then compare our results with one another. Darling Fiance' & I were absolutely shocked with our results! We ranked nearly every item identically! There were only a couple variables on which we differed, both of which were very close (he ranked one a "5" while I ranked it a "7", etc.). If you know the two of us, then that may be even more shocking to hear because of our differing personalities! Darling Fiance' is very much a strong, quiet man, who speaks only when he has something significant and powerful to say. His love is strong, consistent, and steady. I, on the other hand, am very outgoing, bubbly and talkative. While my emotions may vary a bit more than his, my love for him is just as strong and steady. So now, after learning a bit more about our personalities, you can imagine how shocked we were with our ranking results! Even though Darling Fiance' & I knew that we were a great match for one another, we had no idea that we were so similar! It was refreshing and fun to learn!

After our most recent premarital session, Darling Fiance' and I were able to enjoy a special date night! We decided on dinner at Ted's Montana Grill (our favorite restaurant!)--which was delicious, by the way--followed by the premiere of "What to Expect When You're Expecting." As we soon learned, though, this was definitely not going to be a normal date! As we entered the theater we were surprised to see some familiar faces--my friend & past ChemExcel leader, Laura & her husband. Laura is about eight months pregnant and looks absolutely wonderful! Her little bump is adorable while the rest of her is amazingly slim and trim! She is very impressive and I can only hope to fair as well someday! But the excitement didn't end there! Mid-way through the movie, the film reel suddenly stopped and the screen remained black for around five minutes! The theater manager entered and informed us that while they were correcting the issue they were also printing re-admission tickets so that all of us could enjoy a free visit to the cinema sometime soon! Finally, the movie began again and after the conclusion of the funny flick we gladly picked up our re-admission tickets! It was definitely a worthwhile trip to the theater for the two of us!

But perhaps even more fun than date night was our recent trip to Boyd Orchards. Neither of us had visited the mega-farm before, but thankfully Saturday morning was a beautiful, sunny, perfect day for our first trip! We were delighted to pick our own strawberries, despite the substantial crowd! A little side-story for you: a few years ago my family decided to grow our own strawberries and, as per normal, we planted a few more than we needed (my family is known for over-planting our garden)! Unfortunately, by the end of the summer we were over-run with delicious strawberries that I happened to be allergic to! I had never suffered from strawberry allergies, but for some reason, that summer, they chose to surface! I spent three months of my summer swollen and puffy with hives before discovering the allergen! What a bummer, right?! But anyhow, since then, I have nervously tried other strawberries and haven't suffered the same reaction, so I'm convinced it could have been a specific plant variety or pesticide that we were using at that time that elicited my horrible reactions. Knowing this history, you can imagine how nervous I was to immerse myself in a giant strawberry patch, but thankfully, I'm still hive-free! And let me tell you, those berries were some of the sweetest I've ever had! I would highly recommend a trip to Boyd, especially if you're strawberry lovers like we are!

Til Next Time...Remember to Spend Some Time with Your Sweetheart!

Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart



No comments:

Post a Comment