Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Single (at least for now!) Woman's Reflection

With neuroscience out of the way, my first year of medical school is rapidly coming to an end (Can I hear an "AMEN?"). This means that wedding day is getting closer & closer! This is VERY exciting, and yet a bit sad, too. Why, you ask? Well, firstly, this means that all of my wedding planning fun will soon come to an end. Darling Fiance' & I have had such a blast visiting venues, sampling menus, and picking out special touches for our big day. It will be a bit sad when we aren't able to plan and design our big day any more. Secondly, this means that I will no longer have the same name. While that absolutely thrills & excites me most of the time, sometimes I think it will be hard not to carry my Daddy's name anymore. After all, I adore & admire him--he is and always will be the first man I ever loved. Lastly, marriage will entail new responsibilities & challenges for Darling Fiance' & I. While I'm completely confident in our love (after all, we've been together five years, I think we both know what we're getting into ;-) ), I hope that we'll always keep that spontaneous, fun streak that we cherish! I so enjoy taking random drives through the country, walking our puppy on a sunny day, and cooking new recipes together! Hopefully all of those experiences become more plentiful, not scarce.

Despite these mini-moments of sadness, I'm certain that the next few months are going to be some of the best of my life! I can't wait to marry my strong, quiet man and even if that comes with a few sad changes, I'm sure it will all be worth it when we're Mr. & Mrs.! So until then, I'll continue sampling menus & selecting personal touches for the big day, cherishing my maiden name, and enjoying long walks in the park with my puppy and, of course, Darling Fiance'.

Til Next Time....

Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart


No comments:

Post a Comment