Friday, June 22, 2012

A Very, Very Busy Week!

Well my dear friends, this week has absolutely flown by, yet again! It seems that the closer we're getting to the wedding the busier and busier the days are becoming! Each day this week has been jam-packed with school tasks (boo!) and wedding to-do's (yay!). Monday was definitely the most relaxing day of the week. To be honest, after such a busy weekend I couldn't quite help myself, Darling Fiance' & I just had to indulge in some pool time. And let me tell you, it was fantastic! We enjoyed basking in the warm summer sun, then cooling off with a dip in the crystal clear water! After the pool escapade I entered wedding planning mode and determined to get some things checked off my to-do list. First, I confirmed how many of the bridesmaids were planning to have their hair styled on wedding day. I then proceeded to check-in with our stylist, Chris, and was delighted to hear that he was still good-to-go for wedding day and was looking forward to our bridal trial run in early July! I also confirmed dates for a practice-run with Caroline, my makeup artist. Later that evening I worked on our thank-you notes for all of the wonderful gifts we received at our shower, and before you know it, the day was gone!

While Tuesday's tasks were fewer in number, they were certainly much more time-consuming. In the early portion of the day Darling Fiance' & I finished all the shower thank-you notes. It took several, several hours, but we wanted to send special, personalized messages to all of our friends and family--after all they have supported us tremendously over the years and also took the time to select wonderful gifts for us! After finishing the thank-you's we headed over to meet with our wedding planner. There's actually quite the story associated with the wedding planner situation, so allow me to diverge ever so slightly to share it with you...

In the spring of 2011 I attended a free weekly bridal planning series called "Bride's Night Out." There were about 6-10 brides from all over the state that attended these sessions which focused on various aspects of the wedding day from food to attire to ceremony planning. At the end of the series there was a drawing for a free month of wedding planning from "Always Planned," and guess who won? Miss-Never-Wins-Anything...yep, it was me! After getting over my hysterical joy (after all, more help on wedding day is always a great thing, I hear!), we decided that it would probably be most helpful to utilize the free month of planning and advice in the month before the wedding, and now here we are!

During our planning session we worked through the day-of-timeline for the big day, which definitely alleviated some stress from this bride's busy mind! Having a plan always makes things feel more organized and even having a rough outline of Saturday's events was amazingly helpful! We also talked through the reception room layout and finalized some top-secret decor ideas! Sorry my dears, I'll have to leave you in suspense for 22 more days ;-)

Wednesday Darling Fiance' & I mailed the thank-you's and attempted to finalize our ceremony readings. We'll have two readers--our Matron of Honor (Sweet Sister) & Best Man. My sister & I already selected her reading, but for the Best Man, we're still not sure. We've been debating about whether to include a more light-hearted reading, a scriptural passage of importance to Darling Fiance' & I or another heartfelt, sweet reading. Unfortunately, despite narrowing down our choices, we still haven't selected his passage...stay tuned for that!

Finally on to Thursday...in the early part of the afternoon I spoke with Darling Fiance's Best Man's mother (well that was certainly a mouth-full!). She is without a doubt the scrapbook queen and even owns her own business through Creative Memories! She very kindly offered to craft a fun reception book for Darling Fiance' & I, and of course we gleefully accepted! The book will feature various photos from our latest engagement session as well as fun writing prompts for our guests such as "Tell us your best date night ideas" and "Where do you see us in 10 years." She asked for our engagement photos and I spent half the night picking our 40 favorite shots and figuring out how to share them with her. In the end, she whipped out the book in just a couple hours, and even sent us a preview! We're so excited for you to see the entire book, but for now I'll share just a couple pages:





Aren't they wonderful?! Thank you so much to Ms. Rene for doing this book for us!

Just after I finished sorting out the reception book with Rene, my friend Ashtin invited me to get a pedicure with her, and as we have a special event planned for tomorrow (can anyone say Bachelorette Party?!), I thought a pedicure was much needed! It was great to catch up on some girl-talk with Ashtin while getting our piggies pedicured and I can't begin to thank her enough in advance for throwing the Bachelorette Bash! I'm sure we'll have way, way too much fun, so get excited to read all about it in my next post!

Oh Friday, my good friend, how I enjoy it when you come to visit! And this Friday was no exception!  Darling Fiance' & I left the city very early (unfortunately I had to miss class) so that we could drop our sweet baby, Pretty Puppy, off at the vet's office. It was time for that moment that I had dreaded for months--her spaying. I know I'm a sucker, but I feel like she's my first child or something and so have dreaded this surgery more than I care to admit. Thankfully, though, the vet was reassuring (even though his assistant dared to utter, "Well there are always risks with sedation, you know"--ugh!), and Darling Fiance' & I felt comfortable leaving her in his care. After dropping off our Pretty Puppy, we decided to surprise my mom at work and enjoyed spending an hour or so with her and her quilters (she was teaching a Quilt Block class this morning). We then moseyed on over to the County Clerk's Office to get our marriage license! Our impending marriage suddenly felt very "legal" & at that moment we both realized how amazing our life together is going to be! Below are a couple pictures of us signing our license:






After getting the license we enjoyed a quiet lunch at "The Lemon Tree," a wonderful local family-owned restaurant specializing in southern cuisine! I enjoyed the fruit plate while Darling Fiance' noshed on a unique turkey wrap and cinnamon-sugar sprinkled sweet potato fries! The food was nothing short of delectable and Darling Fiance' & I both agreed that we would be frequenting "The Lemon Tree" more often in the future! Finally, we visited my parents for a couple hours and headed back to pick-up our sweet little pup. Much to my delight she came out wagging her little nub (she doesn't have a full tail :-) ) and was clearly thrilled to see us. The vet reported that she flew through her laser surgery with flying colors, but that she would need plenty of rest to recover properly. This would involve restricting her exercise to very light walking (no jumping, running or twisting about--very difficult for a border collie!) and avoiding stairs (a difficult task in a three-story townhome). Thankfully we set up baby gates and she slept the evening away! Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery!

Next time we meet, dear readers, I'm sure to have made wonderful new memories with my gals and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Til Next Time...

Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment