Wednesday, June 13, 2012

30 Days to Go!

Oh my goodness! 30 days to go and I absolutely cannot believe it! I had been thoroughly warned by family and friends that the last couple months before the wedding would fly, but honestly, I had no idea that they would slip away this quickly! It seems like yesterday the wedding was 6 months away! These last four weeks are going to be filled with lots of love, lots of fun, and plenty of family time--I can't wait!

Since our household shower, Darling Fiance' & I have been busy with school, work, and admiring our new household goodies ;-) With only 3 weeks of school left, I'm busy trying to finalize assignments and prepare for our final exam, but I'm anxious and excited to wrap this school year up! In between all this studying and family time, Darling Fiance' and I have been trying to make some progress on the last few wedding details including music selections, ceremony programs, etc. We spent a few hours this week on our reception "Must-Play" and "Do-NOT-Play" lists, which was quite hilarious! I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that on more than one occasion I broke into song and dance...and so did Darling Fiance! We hope our guests love our music choices as much as we do and can't wait to see a packed dance floor on July 14th! To give you a sneak peek into our reception (and just to get your happy dances going!) I've included a brief sampling of our music choices below! Enjoy!

Must-Play's:
"Never Alone,"Lady Antebellum with Jim Brickman
"How low can you go," Ludacris
"Dance Again," Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull
"My Chick Bad," Ludacris
"Cupid Shuffle," Cupid
Ella Fitzgerald – "Cheek to Cheek"
 4 Tops – "Sugarpie Honeybunch"
Louis Prima – "Jump, Jive, An’ Wail"
Etta James—"At Last"
Louis Armstrong--“What a Wonderful World”

Do-NOT-Play's:
"The Chicken Dance"
Taylor Swift Songs (no offense, just not our style!)

So I think we'll have a little something for everyone, which I hope will keep the party going strong. And of course our DJ will accept requests, so definitely come ready to shake your tail feather! Aside from the party songs, we also selected our special dance songs, but you'll just have to attend the wedding to hear those ;-)

This past week we also made some progress on planning the "Ladies' Tea." This special get-together is being hosted by my Aunt Katie & her beautiful daughters and will focus on celebrating the special women in my life. The honored guests will include my Mother, Sister, Bridesmaids, "The Rose Girls," and my Future Mother-in-Law! I absolutely cannot wait to visit with my gals while enjoying tea, snacks, and some much-needed girl time just before the big day!

Aside from all the fun wedding plans, Darling Fiance' & I also spent some time this past week car shopping! Now we're not planning to purchase a vehicle for quite some time (perhaps in 6 months to a year), but being the proactive man that he is, Darling Fiance' has already been doing his research! He's spent his evenings for the last several weeks pouring over pamphlets and reading safety reviews and mileage reports! I'm beginning to believe he's a late-blooming gear-head! But to be honest, I appreciate his research endeavors--I don't have the time (nor the interest, truthfully) to analyze gear specs and advantages of 2WD vs. AWD. What I am interested in, though, is reliability, MPG, and comfort, because after all, those 14 hour drives to The Great White North sure can be lengthy! After all his reading and deciphering, Darling Fiance' decided that it was time to test-drive! So we spent a couple hours last week speeding around town in everything from Kia's to Toyota's to Honda's! It was beyond luxurious to cruise in such new vehicles! I felt very spoiled during those hours! As time goes along, I'll keep you posted on our future four-wheeled decisions.

This weekend promises to be a VERY busy and fun one--Sabrina and I have our girls' night Friday, Brittany & Jantzen's wedding is Saturday, and of course it's Father's Day Sunday! So remember, give your Papa a big hug and spend plenty of time with him, I know I sure will be doing just that! 

Til Next Time...

Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment