Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It's a Girl's World...or is it a Boy's?

Saturday night was way, way too much fun! I'm so glad that my friends ended up throwing me a Bachelorette Party after all! I know, I know...everyone assured me that a Bachelorette Bash is a must for every bride-to-be, but at first I had my doubts about whether it was really that essential. I mean with a pregnant Matron-of-Honor and mostly married best friends, I wasn't sure if I'd have anyone attend, and to be honest, the risk of a party-bust seemed overwhelming.  But deep down I absolutely adore a good night of dancing and secretly hoped for a fun girls' night out! Well, my wish was indeed granted when my good friend Ashtin insisted on organizing a once-in-a-lifetime Bride's Night Out! With only a week to plan, she managed to order the cutest "Bride-to-Be" sash, the most colorful and lively boas, and of course an adorable crown for the Bride! She even arranged for a wonderful dinner at "Shakespeare & Co." followed by a special table at "The Penguin," a fun dueling piano bar! Dinner was absolutely delicious and extremely fresh. My sweet friend Jennifer refused to let me pay for my dinner (which turned out to be a recurring theme from all the girls for the evening), and it was fantastic to chat with my 10 closest pals. Even the atmosphere at "Shakespeare & Co." was unique--the decor was quite European, almost Victorian with a shabby-chic twist, while the crowd was young and hip--the most interesting of combinations! After dinner we got all dolled up in our party wear and headed to "The Penguin." We were immediately ushered to our table and our party was treated the entire night to free goodies! The owner even set over a fun "I'm a Keeper" t-shirt for me along with numerous glow sticks and other treats ;-) After enjoying several hours at "The Penguin" we were ready to hit up a more lively club and moseyed on over to "Trust," where the dancing was great! If it hadn't been for an unfortunate drink spill down Ashtin's dress, we may have stayed there the entire night. Instead, though, we ended our party at an unnamed underground club, which had quite a diverse patron population--a few straight individuals, a few homosexual individuals, various races, and even some dwarfs! All in all it was certainly a night to remember and I made so many fun memories that I'll never forget! I feel that my girls & I formed a special bond that we'll always share :-) Below are a few pictures from the night!

On the Way to the Party!

Outside Shakespeare & Co.  Love my ladies!

Getting Ready to Dance!

Ashtin & I!

Dancing!

Note the pool of boa feathers! We left a trail of them everywhere we went!
 




Kissy Faces! Lots of love floating around!

After a great night with the ladies I was in need of a seriously relaxing Sunday with my Darling Fiance'! We spent some great quality time together and even managed to sneak away to watch "Brave," which was amazing, by the way. Let's just say I honestly wanted to be Scottish after that movie!

Sunday evening I spoke with our wedding florist who informed me that due to the record highs we've had across the country, the peony growing season is officially over, and instantly I began to worry about my bridal bouquet. Since childhood my only wedding dream has been to have an enormous, lush bouquet of soft white peonies, and I so desperately wanted them. Thankfully though, she immediately calmed my fears and informed me that her wholesaler was able to order them all the way from Alaska, so my peony dreams will still come true! What a fun story to tell our grandchildren some day, huh?!

Monday was by far one of the most product wedding days we've had so far! We were finally able to completely pay all of our remaining wedding bills (huge sigh of relief!), select our ceremony songs & cake table linen, and deposit our cash wedding gifts. We even received four wonderful sets of our formal china from Darling Fiance's mother & one from family friends in Minnesota! We continue to be overwhelmed by the love and support our loved ones are showing us during this special time in our lives!

Today, though, may have taken the cake of fabulous days this week. This afternoon I finished my ICM class by taking the Epidemiology & Biostatistics final exam (so only physiology remains, yay!) and then Darling Fiance' & I rushed to Central Baptist where my Sweet Sister was waiting anxiously to learn the gender of her sweet 16-week-old baby. And the verdict is....it's another bouncing boy! I cannot be more thrilled to gain another nephew and my only worry now is how on Earth will I split time between those two sweet boys equally? It'll be a wonderful challenge and I'm sure the new little one will pull at my heart just as much as little Eli has! And some of the best news of the day? My Darling Fiance' landed a wonderful job with the state government in the Department of Air Quality and will now continue to gain more experience as a Civil Engineer! I'm the proudest fiancee' in the world today and am certain that in the years to follow he'll make me such a proud wife!

Til Next Time...

Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment