Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week 22

This week has been a much more relaxing, enjoyable time for our little family! I've begun the two-week-long psychiatry block of medical school, which has been refreshing, interesting, and such a welcome change-of-pace! Diseases of the mind and mood are fascinating to learn about, but I can't imagine struggling with one in real life. I admire those who do even more now, and commend them on their daily fight for happiness.

Outside of school, Andy & I attended another parenting class called "Little Fingers, Little Toes," where we learned all about infant care. Swaddling, bathing, diapering, and feeding were all on the agenda, and after 2 hours with our guinea pig, little Mr. Baby Doll :-), we were feeling much more prepared. Thankfully, we've also had 2 little nephews to practice on, so hopefully we're at least partially prepared for this sweet boy. Stay tuned to find out, haha! ;-)

Wednesday I spent the afternoon watching our wedding DVD with Jen, and boy was that fun! Of course I loved our wedding and DVD, but it was so fun to see Jen enjoying it, too! Sometimes I think Jen & I are long-lost sisters because our minds work so similarly--if I notice the tiniest detail or laugh at the most awkward moments, I know she probably will too :-) I'm beyond blessed to have her in my life, and I just know Grayson will love her, too!

I spent the rest of the week studying for our upcoming pysch exam (with a two-week-long block, tests roll around quickly!), but did manage to take a shopping break to pick out a cozy rug for Grayson's room. After much debate between navy and sage, the sage won! Below are a couple pictures of his room decor so far.

His adorable bedding :-) Thanks Aunt T-T!

A super-cute construction lamp we found at BuyBuy Baby. 
We may just have to get this!

The sage green vs. navy rugs. Sage Green won :-) 
(Note Andy's footprint on the navy, haha!)


Saturday I baked some yummy banana bread (Andy was thrilled---not! He's certainly not a banana bread fan :-/ ) and finished my psych studying because Sunday we were going to be very, very busy! Our family, following Dad's lead, had planned a surprise birthday party for my Mom, complete with a delicious ice cream cake! So, while Mom & Dad were out, Tiff, Brian, Eli, Owen, Andy & I snuck in and awaited their arrival. When Mom walked through her kitchen door, the look of surprise and joy on her face was priceless! I wish I had taken my camera, but in the rush of the surprise, I forgot it at home :-( After celebrating with the family, we trudged back to Lex and I finished up week 22 with a psychiatry exam. Thankfully it went great and I was able to spend some time afterwards relaxing with my sweet husband!

Here's our weekly update:

How Far Along: 22 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 4 lbs
Stretchmarks: None
Sleep: Ok, but I've learned that Grayson gets agitated if I lay on my left side for too long. I'm wondering if I'm laying on him a bit?
Best Moment this Week: Seeing Mom's surprise and joy on her birthday!
Movement: Yes, we've got one active boy on our hands :-)
Gender: Baby boy
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button: In :-)
What I Miss: Nothing
What I am Looking Forward to:  My Birthday :-)
Milestones: Little Grayson has finally reached the 1 lb mark! Hooray! He's also between 8 & 11" long (about the length of a spaghetti squash) and is busy kicking up a storm inside Mommy :-) Andy & I are able to feel him from the outside much more strongly now, and we love it! He is now able to sense light & dark and his eyes are fully developed, except for lacking pigmentation in his irises. We're betting they'll fill in with a beautiful blue eventually though, since Mommy & Daddy both have blue peepers!


22 Weeks
(No picture this week :-( Sorry guys, the week just flew away from me!)


Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart


No comments:

Post a Comment