Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 15

Week 15! Yay! This week has been a big week for our little one, and for his or her mama, too! Why, you ask?! Well, this week I felt, with certainty, our little baby move! Amazed? I definitely was! I'm aware that most women don't feel their babies jostling around until somewhere between 16-21 weeks, but when I felt our sweet bunchkin tossing and turning on January 10, it was without a doubt our baby (not gas or engorged blood vessels, etc.). It was unlike anything I'd ever felt, and somehow it instantly made me all warm and fuzzy! To convince myself that the flutters weren't a fluke, I paid careful attention to our little one and over the next 3-4 days I counted at least 3 more instances of movement! Daddy-to-be and I are both BEYOND thrilled and excited to know that our little one is happily practicing his or her movements safely within Mommy's uterus ;-)

On another note, we finally took down our Christmas tree and then I happily spent the rest of my free-time preparing for our gender reveal party! I'm having such a ball planning this pink & blue soiree! I purchased a super-affordable set of printable party decor items online and then printed all of the coordinating pieces myself. The set included invitations, food & beverage labels, a cute banner, thank you cards, etc. I'm certainly glad I began assembling & crafting the items early on because they definitely took a bit of time to perfect! Below are just a couple pictures of some of the party items. We can't wait to show a full spread of pictures from our party next week!

Our Invitation--"Blue or Pink, What do you think?"


 

Cute Labels on Bottles of Blue & Pink Jones Soda Bottles


I just love the finished product! 
(No one will tell you how hard the labels are to peel off, though :-))

I'm sooo glad that we decided to celebrate finding out our baby's sex in such a fun and family-oriented way! We can't wait for this Saturday!

Here's this week's update and bump picture :-)

How Far Along: 15 weeks
Total Weight Gain: -5 lbs (gained 1 pound in about a week and a half, or was it just not enough exercise?)
Stretchmarks: None
Sleep: Like a rock!
Best Moment this Week: Feeling our sweet little one move!
Movement: Yes! At least 4 times this week!
Gender: We'll find out January 19th at our Gender Reveal Party!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button: In...hopefully it stays that way for a while ;-)
What I Miss: Lifting heavy things without having to ask for help :-(
What I am Looking Forward to: Learning whether we're Team Pink or Team Blue!
Milestones: Baby is the size of a navel orange & is practicing breathing, sucking and swallowing (and of course moving!).


15 Weeks

Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment