Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 14

I can't believe week 14 has come and gone so quickly! It seems like the days are just flying by, which I find both comforting and perhaps a bit sad--after all, I don't want this special time to pass by too speedily!

The highlights from this past week were definitely visiting with my mom and sister on Tuesday & a fun outing with Andy on Saturday. When Mom & Tiff came into town for Baby Owen's pediatrician appointment, I of course was thrilled to visit with them for a bit! We enjoyed a delicious lunch at Long Horn, during which I refused to let go of my sweet nephew! My excuse was that I needed all the practice I can get before our little one arrives, but truth be told, I just wanted a cuddle-buddy ;-)! After lunch, we ran some quick errands before parting ways for the week. Visits with family always leave me feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, though!

After several days of work and studying, Andy & I were both more than ready for a relaxing date night! We decided to visit the Princess Diana exhibit at the Frazier Museum, and boy was it worth the trip! On the drive to the museum I explained to my wonderfully patient and accommodating husband why this exhibit was so exciting to me. Since my childhood I have always admired the Princess of Wales, mainly for her amazing charity endeavors, undeniably kind heart, and elegant, sophisticated style. So of course, when I learned that a special exhibit honoring her life would be in our state, I was simply dying to visit! My reluctant husband agreed to accompany me, and by the end of the exhibit tour I believe he had gained some understanding of my complete fascination with the late Princess. Some of the amazing exhibit items included several of Diana's tiaras; about 30 of her gorgeous gowns, business suits, and casual dresses; and, most impressively, her wedding day attire. Seeing so many special pieces completely fulfilled one of my "bucket list" wishes, and I'm so lucky that my patient husband indulged me!

As far as our little one goes, we can't believe that he/she is now able to squint, frown and suck his/her thumb! We can't wait to see those expressions when we meet our little one in July! Our baby's liver is also producing bile and it's spleen is producing red blood cells--both steps in the right direction :-) Below is our weekly summary and bump picture! 

How Far Along: 14 weeks
Total Weight Gain: -6 lbs (gained 2 pounds in about a week and a half, or was it just too many carbs?)
Stretchmarks: None
Sleep: Like a rock!
Best Moment this Week: Seeing Princess Diana's wedding dress :-)
Movement: Still experiencing occasional "flutters," but thinking that they may be more than increased blood flow now!
Gender: We'll find out January 19th at our Gender Reveal Party!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button: In...hopefully it stays that way for a while ;-)
What I Miss: Ice skating and skiing...but baby's safety is much more important!
What I am Looking Forward to: Preparing for our Gender Reveal Party and of course learning whether we'll be buying pink or blue!
Milestones: Baby is frowning, squinting & maybe even sucking his or her thumb! 

14 Weeks
 
Til Next Time,
Hugs & Kisses,
A Southern Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment